Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 was great!!!

last night was new years, as you all know.

I've always thought new years to be an over rated holiday, set up for drinkers, but with all my friends busy and my father and brother gone. I realised how much fun it can be, and I missed it. :(

The other day in the car, before my dad left to oregon, we were talking about last year and all thats happened. Now heres the funny part; this same time last year we were all saying "2008, it's going to be great". but was it really that great?
it wasn't Allies family.
economy downfall,
Obama was elected predient,
america needed fuel,
My dads dumb job,
war in iraq,
hinkleys death,
china seems to be having fun poisoning us,
no Harry Potter (this one for you kaden),
twilight blew us all away by raising the standards for worst movie ever,
Mary was taken by the indians (I MISS YOU)
and much more.


But desperate to get off these depressing topics, I suggested we think about Some of the good things that have happened; and you know what, despite all of its caous, 2008was great!!
Ive been in some pretty amesome plays,
Christopher loss some weight for the first time scence his surgery,
Truely Amazing friendships have been made,
President Hinkley and Allie are in a better place,
Thespians conference
Ive started using my youtube
Ive started using this blog
I got a new guitar
New talents have been discovered
I get to start skydiving on 09!!!!
Best year of EFY eva!!!!!
I finished most of last years Resolutions!!!
Got my patriarticle Blessing
Became a bulldog
and over all, we've all grown up succsessfully

I guess this past year has reminded me that its important to look inside yourself and to your friends and family to find peace and happiness. The world may try to bring you down, but Your friends and family always pick you up . Our nation may have a hard time seeing the great in 08, but I can find some pretty impressive reasons to look towards 09 with a smile.

MAY TWO THOUSAND NINE!! *thinks of word to ryme with nine* SHINE!!! :P

HaPpY nEw YeArS mY pEePs!!!!!!

"If looking back hurts u, & lookin forward scares u, then look besides u and ill always be here for u" (thanks to everyone who texted this to me. XP)

I dont want to lose any of you in 2009 and I dont want to forget all the memories we have created. Thanks.

0 comments: